I cracked open my watercolour set today – huge fun!
Six hours later and I’m nearly done on the sexy cover art for the new Zombolette floppy…
Two Zombolette stories are now totally done! I have plans for a few mini one-page gags to squish between them, then I have to paint the cover, then I’ll have another floppy out! I’ve made a page about it at my amazing new website, too: http://bathwaterbooks.com.au/?project=zombolettes-floppy-issue-1 I’m pretty much a professional web developer now. Only, I’m one who just uses pre-programmed themes and doesn’t know how to do anything. I’ve done SO MUCH editing of the inked pages in the most recent story… lots of cutting and pasting, rearranging, trying to get it just right. I want to go back and re-ink some of the panels from the other story I finished (the yoga one), but my inking has come such a long way since then I think it would really stand out! For the page below, I wanted Zombolette’s world to be more clean and crisp to reflect the plot. I normally draw very scraggly environments, but this was fun.
…Animated by the charming Dave Abbott. This was my first try at writing a script and drawing for something that moves. Comics do obviously involve a sense of timing and rhythm, but I was surprised at how different it was writing with the intention of bringing the action ‘to life’. The timing needs to be absolutely specific, and the voice acting has to carry so much of the humour (Zombolette and Cameron were voiced by my delightful but stinky little brothers).
I’m looking forward to getting more practice!